Saturday 26 January 2008

topic of the week (1+2)

Q:With 2008 in full-swing, do you have any knit-years resolutions you are trying to keep to? Stash-busting? Knitting just for yourself? Gift-alongs or starting Christmas knitting early? Do your knit-years resolutions affect your other resolutions? Such as watching your spending, or putting yourself first, or even loosing weight (yarn weight....)

A:
I think i generally want to scale down. I have a big move coming up (involving changing countries), andI want to make things that are needed, learn new techniques while at the same time using the resources i have. I do not want to buy any more wool that i need to move in june. So resolution number one is: use what i have, and use up what i buy.

Another resolution would be to think outside of the box, and not only make socks according to the pattern my grandma taught me when i was ten.
I really want to get into lace, and work stylish, wearable items. I also have to look into finishing and sizing.

Q: Do you subscribe to any magazines (knitting or otherwise)? Or do you prefer to purchase magazines at the newstand? Do you subscribe online to any knitting magazines/newsletters? What does a knitting magazine need to have to catch your fancy and get you to fork out that well-earned cash?

A:
No, i do not subscribe to anything, mostly because i cannot afford it. I sometimes buy magazines at the newstand, and i read the ones my flatmate purchases.
I like knitting magazines for the inspiration, but i can use the internet for that just as well.
For me to buy a magazine it needs a pattern or idea that i definitely want to use.
I sometimes buy the rowan magazines for inspiration, because i really like their designs.

No comments: